Thursday, October 9, 2014

NFL 2014 Crystal Ball Picks- Week 6

I recently decided to start rewatching Weeds, and I can't help but wonder if I jinxed Adrian Peterson or not. 



Thursday, October 9, 2014
Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans
My Pick: Houston   Fantast Impact Player: DeAndre Hopkins
For no reason other than simply liking the home teams on these Thursday night games, I'm going with the Texans this week over Andrew Luck. I don't like these Thursday games and I don't like that my boss makes me pick them every week.

Sunday, October 12, 2014
Baltimore Ravens @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
My Pick: Baltimore   Fantasy Impact Player: Justin Forsett
Forsett might be the real deal, but I wouldn't put all of my eggs in the Forsett basket for as long as the Ravens are "committed" to the three man running back trio. For now, go with the Ravens over the floundering Bucs and ignore the fact that the Bucs recently upset AFC North counterpart Pittsburgh. 

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tennessee Titans
My Pick: Jacksonville   Fantasy Impact Player: Alex Hurns
Ready for a Jaguars win? They impressed me enough last week to throw my name into their hat for the upset (?) in Tennessee. Both of these teams are horrible this season, and really this game should be subject to blackout in Jacksonville and everywhere else around the country. But it could be Blake Bortles coming out party, since the Titans made Brian Hoyer look like Sunshine from Remember the Titans last week.

Denver Broncos @ New York Jets
My Pick: Denver   Fantasy Impact Player: Peyton Manning
The Jets were shutout last week and the Broncos blew out an undefeated Cardinals team. I mean, who do you think will win this one?

Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings
My Pick: Detroit   Fantasy Impact Player: Golden Tate
Megatron might not play this week, but the Lions don't need him to beat the Vikings right now who are without a healthy quarterback who doesn't belong in the D-League. Christian Ponder would struggle to get the Broncos offense to 25 points a week, so I don't see a way that he could lead this Vikings team to ten.

New England Patriots @ Buffalo Bills
My Pick: New England   Fantasy Impact Player: CJ Spiller
While I do see a big game for CJ Spiller on Sunday, I also see a close win for the Patriots. I don't trust New England but I trust them enough to believe in them avoiding a crushing loss-crushing victory-deflating loss in Buffalo roller coaster. 

Carolina Panthers @ Cincinnati Bengals
My Pick: Cincinnati   Fantasy Impact Player: AJ Green
We need a big game from AJ Green again! My fantasy team is due! But really, as I mentioned in my power rankings, Cincy is a good team. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time and were victims to playing the Patriots on a Sunday where the Patriots were pissed off at the world. Carolina is more like the wimpy kid who just got stuffed into the locker right now and is currently wetting themselves.

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cleveland Browns
My Pick: Pittsburgh   Fantasy Impact Player: Antonio Brown
A lot of people jumping on the Browns bandwagon, which is cool since they really haven't been relevant since Derek Anderson's Madden body was reincarnated like five years ago. But, Pittsburgh wins this game.

Green Bay Packers @ Miami Dolphins
My Pick: Green Bay   Fantasy Impact Player: Eddie Lacy
Miami tempted me in this game, but I like the Packers because they might finally be finding their stride. We could be at the beginning of a Packers winning streak, with their next five games being at Miami, home for the Panthers, at New Orleans, and than home for the Bears and Eagles. They have the talent to win all of those games.

San Diego Chargers @ Oakland Raiders
My Pick: San Diego   Fantasy Impact Player: Keenan Allen
San Diego might be the best team in football this season, realistically being a touchdown away from 5-0. Phillip Rivers is King of ESPN right now, leading the league in total QBR. Um, Oakland hasn't forfeited any games yet!

Chicago Bears @ Atlanta Falcons
My Pick: Atlanta   Fantasy Impact Player: Steven Jackson
It's a catch-22 for me this week (I've never read the book) with my two bandwagon children going head to head. I loved the Bears before the season and I jumped on the Falcons bandwagon during this season. I'm officially abandoning the Bears, minus Jay Cutler because he is killing it for my 4-1 fantasy team. But the rest of the team is moot to me. Matty Ice and the Falcons, though, WE'RE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS, BAYBAY!

Dallas Cowboys @ Seattle Seahawks
My Pick: Seattle   Fantasy Impact Player: Russell Wilson
Seattle is pretty impeccable at home, and Dallas is doomed for a deflating loss after somehow stumbling to a 4-1 start behind DeMarco Murray the Real-Life Terminator. Russell Wilson really might the MVP of the young season though, and he could show it in a clash of the NFC's possible two best teams.

Washington Redskins @ Arizona Cardinals
My Pick: Washington   Fantasy Impact Player: Larry Fitzgerald
Coming out party for Larry Fitz! I'm all in on Kirk Cousins stirring the pot, bringing home a win finally, and pushing the Cardinals to 3-2 after 3-0. 

New York Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles
My Pick: New York Giants   Fantasy Impact Player: Eli Manning
This is going to be an awesome game and the main reason I am so excited to be off this Sunday from work so I can watch it. The Giants are red hot, but the Eagles somehow keep finding themselves on the winning side of almost every game they've played. Four weeks ago, even three weeks ago, I would have easily picked Nick Foles and the Birds. Right now, its a toss up that I'm giving to Red Hot Eli (that nickname gives me nightmares).

Monday, October 13, 2014
San Francisco 49ers @ St. Louis Rams
My Pick: San Francisco   Fantasy Impact Player: Frank Gore/49ers defense
We're due for a low scoring, boring defensive Monday night game and who better to deliver that than two NFC West teams, one led by a backup quarterback named Austin. 13-6, Niners!

Last Week: 9-6
Season Total: 42-34


No comments: