Monday, December 26, 2011

Time for the AFC Playoff Picture Predicitions

Since the Monday Night game features two NFC games, and I am a big Ravens fan, I am going to predict the way the AFC playoffs shape up next week, and how the postseason will go for the conference.



TITANS @ TEXANS- I see the Titans winning this game for some reason, and it probably won't matter too much for them since they need a lot to go their way to make the playoffs. The Texans really can not solidy their playoff standing at all, so they have nothing to play for, and are banged up and led by no quarterback. Chris Johnson wins this game with his lone score as the game ends up being like a 13-10 snoozefest.

JETS @ DOLPHINS- I have lost all faith in the Jets after watching them literally try to lose to the Giants last week and doing a great job at it. I honestly think my mother could keep up with Mark Sanchez in a quarterback challenge, so I do not think he will beat Miami and the Jets will fail to live up to expectations and Rex Ryan and miss the playoffs.

BENGALS @ RAVENS- I am so nervous about this game as the Ravens need to win unless the Steelers lose to Cleveland, which will not happen, to stay the No.2 seed. I do expect Baltimore to win this game, barely, but the Bengals would finish 9-7, one game ahead of the Jets.

So all in all, my AFC seeding goes as follow- 1) NEW ENGLAND 13-3 2) BALTIMORE 12-4 3) HOUSTON 11-5 4) DENVER 9-7 5) PITTSBURGH 12-4 6) CINCINNATI 9-7

6 BENGALS @ 3 TEXANS- The Bengals got the luck of the draw and face a reeling Texans team with no quarterback or playoff experience. However, Andy Dalton is also a rookie with no playoff experience, so the game is close. I see the Bengals pulling off the road win, 16-10.
5 STEELERS @ 4 BRONCOS- Pittsburgh will actually struggle to win this game as Timmy T starts to pull away in a close game in the fourth quarter. Still, a 45% Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs is better than a 100% Tebow, and Pittsburgh wins 28-21.

6 BENGALS @ 1 PATRIOTS- The Patriots will not lose in the division round again this season, as Tom Brady will easily handle the Bengals. Pats win handily 31-14.
5 STEELERS @ 2 RAVENS- The game even casual NFL fans want to see. Can the Ravens beat the Steelers not only in the playoffs, but for the third time this season? The Steelers had to beat Baltimore three times in 2008 en route to the Super Bowl, is this turn Joe Flacco's win? I honestly, unbiasedly think it is. The Ravens are a different team at home, and they win this exciting game 17-14.

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME- BALTIMORE RAVENS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
This will be a playoff rematch from a few years ago when the Ravens destroyed a completely different Patriots team in the wild card round. Don't think Brady and Bill Belichik forgot about that. As tough as it is for me to type this as a diehard Ravens fan, I am nervous about them going to Foxboro, and I will not admit it, but for my blog's sake, I will predict a Pats win. That is all I am saying about it though.

No comments: